Sunday, September 14, 2008

Andrés' first day of preschool

Well, I am the only mom I know who has not blogged about their child's first day of school. I am so bad I don't even have a picture! Oh well, better late than never.

Andrés started preschool this year. I wanted to give him a year to get used to the school atmosphere and get used to a teacher before going to "the yellow school" as he calls it. He was up at 7:30 am that morning, dressed, and heading for the car before I caught him. He told me he was going to wait in the car until we left for school...in 2 HOURS. Anyway, I convinced him to go upstairs and eat breakfast. We got his lunch and then I tried to distract him until it was time to go. He kept asking, and asking, and asking. He was so excited. I finally was able to go and drop him off. When I went to get him, he came out and told me he was so disappointed. I was concerned and asked him why? He said "Why did you take me to this house? I thought I was going to the yellow school with the bus!" (He attends preschool in a house run by some ladies I know from church in a house.) I had to contain my laughter as I explained to him that this was the school we had visited and he had been there before. That he would go to the yellow school next year. For a week after that he kept asking me if it was time to go to the yellow school. Obviously he has trouble understanding time periods. Needless to say, 2 weeks later he is having a blast. He loves school and always comes out singing or telling me all kinds of stories about things they did or learned. I am glad he is enjoying it and this gives Emily and I 3 days a week to spend together doing girl things. :)

1 comment:

Megan said...

You've been tagged!!! check out my blog